Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Invisible Cities : Octavia Low Angle Exterior Shot




This painting I felt the most difficult out of the three since I struggled greatly with perspective and lighting. I wanted to have the whimsical look with the master shot but also create a sense of darkness to foreshadow what was inside with my interior. Overall I am happy with this one despite I want to eventually get away from the scratchy linework which I am used to painting with. Although I think that`ll happen only in time and practice. 


As always , please leave any feedback :)! 

4 comments:

  1. I really like this ^_^ I like how you added in some purple along with the fiery reds and oranges...I struggled with my low angle shot too, perspective can be difficult -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yeah ;; Hopefully we will get better at it though over time :D

      Delete
  2. I think you've achieved a lot in this image, Sarah - well done :)

    Just a note though - I don't quite understand what the oval-like elements are on the right - on the stakes? Are the solid/see-through? What are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! :)

      They are supposed to be corbel type of structures ,although looking back at my image they look rather one dimensional and aren`t taking the form I was imagining so I will revisit into that right away and post the update in my next blog post :D

      Delete